Mar 24, 2010

BATMAN BEGINS - REACTIONS

Gaff,
I had heard nothing but good things about this movie, so I went into the theater with high expectations.
Not only were these expectations met, they were far exceeded. This is the best Batman movie to date, no doubt.
I am a huge Tim Burton fan. He has the ability to create amazingly lush fantasy environments and get you lost in them. Having said this, my hat is off to writer/ director, Christopher Nolan. For over two hours, I was interested and engaged by a storyline that was realistic, creative, exciting, but had a sense of familiarity that made me feel like I had been there before.
The famous Batman sense of humor was done well and more importantly, was not overdone.
The villains were awesome. Cillian Murphy, the evil Doctor, is a fantastic actor and I look forward to seeing him in more films. His 28 Days Later was a great movie and the best zombie movie I have ever seen. I was a little disappointed in his unceremonious downfall, however, I think I can let
that slide.
I could probably go on about this film at length, but I will just say , I agree with the comment that this is the best superhero movie ever made, Batman or otherwise, and Christian Bale stands easily
with Micheal Keaton as the best Batman.
I say this because , this film was done in a much different style than Tim Burton's
Batman and I think Bale and Keaton were the correct choices for each brand of Batman.
BATMAN BEGINS, now stands as the best movie I have seen all summer and probably this whole year.
**************************************************************************************
**************************************************************************************
ONCE AGAIN, I AM UNABLE TO WRITE MY OWN REACTION, DUE TO THE WONDERFUL INSIGHTS OF ANOTHER.
I HAVE YET TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE OF WHERE CAM GOT THE FAITH TO REALIZE THAT THE BOSTON RED SOCKS COULD BEAT THE NEW YORK YANKEES, FOUR STRAIGHT GAMES, AFTER LOSING THE FIRST THREE WORLD SERIES GAMES IN 2004. CAM WAS IN MY CLASS OVER A YEAR - NORMALLY, I CAN DESTROY ANYONE'S ABILITY OR WILL TO THINK, GIVEN THAT MUCH TIME; SO OBVIOUSLY, HE IS BRIGHTER THAN MOST OR MY POWERS OF EDUCATIONAL EVIL HAVE BEEN OVER-RATED.
TOO BAD CAM ATTENDS THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA AND HAS SO FEW CLASSMATES WHO CAN READ WELL ENOUGH TO APPRECIATE WHAT HE HAS WRITTEN OR CAN EARN ENOUGH WASHING CARS AND DISHES, TO AFFORD TO SEE THIS FILM, BEFORE IT REACHES DVD STATUS.
STILL, MOST OF HIS U. OF GEORGIA FRIENDS REMAIN FREE ON BAIL AND FOR THAT WE SHOULD ALL BE GRATEFUL --- THEY ARE SHOWING IMPROVEMENT AND A DESIRE TO REHABILIATE THEMSELVES, GIVEN THE PROPER LEVEL OF SUPERVISION.

No comments:

Post a Comment